The Burnt Toast Method
They say the best way to prevent a hangover is to not drink at all. I prefer the method of drinking so much you wake up drunk. Hey, you’re not hungover, right?
While I am no organic chemist, I do remember a few things from high school chemistry. Particularly, I remember that Carbon rings (a.k.a. the blackness on burnt toast) work great to absorb other chemicals, especially those toxins that make Saturday and Sunday mornings yucky.
I initially inadvertently tried the Burnt Toast Method (BTM) last week while at dinner. I intentionally executed BTM yesterday morning. It worked like magic, although it didn’t taste the best. I now swear by the BTM.
Here are the steps:
- Drink in excess, preferably in the company of friends or debutantes.
- Wake up the next morning with a splitting headache, groggy, and exhausted.
- Stumble to cupboard or cafeteria.
- Burn toast with vigor (some black but not completely cardboard).
- Apply a dressing of some sort. I prefer a burnt bagel with cream cheese.
- Observe as your hangover disappears at a significantly quicker pace.
- Start drinking again.
Photo from flickr.com user indigotimbre.