30 Cheap Date Ideas For College Students
Here’s something new: you’re in college and you’re broke. Actually, that’s not new. And your cash flow is even smaller once you find a significant other. In just a few words, here are some cheap date ideas that can help you save money and have fun at the same time!
- Watch the sun set – it’s free, why wouldn’t you?
- Go for a long walk – enjoy nature at its finest.
- Have a game night – invite your friends that are couple over and face off!
- Cook a meal together – eat food and have fun making it together.
- Go thrift shopping – Macklemore couldn’t have said it better himself. Actually, he could. And did.
- Sit in nosebleed seats for a sporting event – at least you’ll have each other, right?
- Bike rides – it is good exercise and bonding at the same time.
- Make a fort in your room – get creative with your blankets.
- Volunteer together – you’re helping other people with each other. Win-win!
- Have a movie marathon – watch Disney movies for hours on end together.
- Go bowling – it’s cheap, fun, and you can make a fool of yourself in a fun way.
- Go for a run – exercise is always a good idea, especially together.
- Read to each other – take turns reading a book/short story.
- Watch YouTube videos together – there are so many ways to entertain yourselves on that site.
- Make a bucket list – conquer your fears together.
- Have a staring contest – it’s smile inducing and will make you happy.
- Go to the library – get lost in the land of the books together.
- Go mini-golfing – see if your swing is up to par. (See what I did there?)
- Do some finger paintings – you’re never too old to do this.
- Do a puzzle together – this is a good way to start a conversation that will last for hours.
- Make cards for the elderly – old people need love too!
- Go ice-skating – it can be fun falling on your butt every couple of minutes. Plus, it’ll make your other smile.
- Go to a poetry reading – words are powerful weapons.
- Go to garage sales – one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.
- Take a tour of the local fire station – learning together is a great way to spend your time.
- Sleep in a tent in your backyard – it’ll be a creative way to get away from everything.
- Write a letter to each other – sit in the same room and write about why the other makes you happy.
- Go to an art exhibit – this can help you learn, see cool stuff, and have fun all at the same time.
- Listen to new music together – music discovery is a great thing.
- Spend an entire day doing nothing – enjoy each other’s company.
What are some things that you’d add to this list?
Photo credit: Huffington Post