Welcome to Freshman Week 2014
Last year, HackCollege organized its first ever Freshman Week. While students were preparing to head to college for the time or just getting settled in, we decided it was fitting to dedicate an entire week to articles that focused on helping freshmen transition smoothly into college life.
This year, we’ll work on tackling even more problems incoming freshmen face in their first semester of college. Whether that be what to bring to school, general anxiety, socializing, being independent, the goal is to make freshman year less scary and more exciting.
Best of Freshman Week 2013
- How to Tame Your Freshman Ego
- Dorm Room Decorating on a Budget
- How Not to Look Like a Freshman
- 7 Money Tips for College Students
- How to Make the Dean’s List
- 4 Simple Ways to Gain Independence
- How to Make New Friends in College
- The Complete Guide to a College Budget
- Avoiding the Freshman 15
- Dorm Life Tips for Freshman
- 7 Study Tips for Freshman
- Dealing with the Emotional Rollercoaster of College
In the comments below, let us know if there is a specific topic you’d like to see us cover during Freshman Week. And if you think your freshman experience can help other students, pitch an article idea by emailing mark [at] hackcollege.com.