12 Timeless Life Hacks Everyone Should Know
Hacks are little tips and ideas that change your life in small, but substantial ways. Here are the top 12 timeless hacks that everyone should know.
1. Rub walnuts on wooden furniture to cover up dings. The oils from the walnut match up pretty well with most wood stains.
2. To rid your shower head of soap residue, tie a leak-free bag of vinegar around a shower head using thin rope or a rubber band. Remove bag after 1 night. It should be nice and shiny.
3. Cut a toilet paper roll down the middle (the long way) and sheath wrapping paper to keep it from unrolling.
4. Make more room in your closet by using a soda-pop tab to offset hangers. Do this by putting one of the tab holes through the head of the hanger. Now attach an additional hanger to the remaining tab hole.
5. Use toothpaste to remove the haziness on your car headlights by first applying it to the area, then remove by wiping it with a dry towel.
6. Clean an old lotion bottle to store your phone, money, and keys in while at the beach. Sneaky way to keep your valuables safe.
7. Use a shoe rack to store almost any cleaning supply.
8. To rid yourself of a messy paint can, place a rubber band around the container so that it crosses the center of the open top. When you bring your dipped brush up – wipe it on the rubber band to prevent any drips.
9. Have old nail holes that are uglying up your walls? Use white toothpaste to fill them in.
10. Find tiny missing objects by putting a stocking over the end of a vacuum. Wrap the stocking with a rubber band. Now turn the vacuum on and suck up items in the area it was last seen.
11. To prevent tangled cables, store them in zipper bags for more organized storage.
12. Use a a dustpan to fill a container that doesn’t fit in the sink. Use the scooping end to catch the water and let the liquid drain from the handle.