General Information About Alabama Southern Community College
Alabama Southern Community College is a learning-centered, open admissions, comprehensive community college dedicated to meeting the continuing and changing educational needs of the citizens of southwest Alabama. Alabama Southern serves as a catalyst for comprehensive community and economic development by providing university transfer programs, business and industry training, developmental studies, learning resources, technical/occupational programs, student development services, and community services.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 16%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,647 Native American 11.0 Asian 4.0 African American 676.0 Hispanic 11.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 980 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0