General Information About J F Drake State Technical College
INSTITUTIONAL MISSION STATEMENT J. F. Drake State Technical College is a two-year, public institution of higher education that provides the citizens of North Alabama with flexible, innovative vocational and technical training at a reasonable cost. The College is student-centered and offers career-oriented diploma, certificate, and associate degree programs and courses, as well as comprehensive, specialized training for business and industry. J. F. Drake State Technical College seeks to satisfy the needs and academic pursuits of the community by offering developmental studies, noncredit short-term courses, and continuing education courses on scheduled days, evenings, and weekends. Showing a major concern for a diverse population, the College aims to provide educational opportunities that will enrich the lives of its students intellectually, culturally, and economically.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 47%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,562 Native American 13.0 Asian 22.0 African American 924.0 Hispanic 23.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 747 Enrolled FullTime Graduates