General Information About John C Calhoun State Community College
The Mission of Calhoun Community College is to ensure student success and promote community development and cultural enrichment. The mission will be accomplished by: * Providing quality, innovative instruction * Ensuring open access * Promoting lifelong learning * Valuing diversity * Securing partnerships for economic development * Providing comprehensive student support services * Institutionalizing assessment, accountability,and improvement * Providing a supportive, responsive environment * Ensuring opportunities for professional development
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 63%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 14,770 Native American 365 Asian 263 African American 2,761 Hispanic 310 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 5,463 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0