General Information About Lurleen B Wallace Community College
Lurleen B. Wallace Community College is a public, two-year institution in the Alabama Community College System under the governance of the Alabama State Board of Education. The College offers career-oriented certificates and associate degrees, as well as university transfer courses and associate degrees. In addition, the College provides specialized training for existing business and industry, workforce development, non-credit and continuing education, adult education and community services to the residents of its service area. With fundamental principles affirming the value of education, the freedom of teaching and learning, and the worth, dignity and personal development of each individual, the College provides an environment that emphasizes student success and achievement.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 62%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,527 Native American 9.0 Asian 13.0 African American 507.0 Hispanic 37.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,165 Enrolled FullTime Graduates