General Information About Northwest Shoals Community College-Muscle Shoals
Northwest-Shoals Community College provides vocational, technical, academic and lifelong educational opportunities; promotes economic growth; and enhances the quality of life for the people of Northwest Alabama.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 59%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 5,994 Native American 58.0 Asian 21.0 African American 672.0 Hispanic 105.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,501 Enrolled FullTime Graduates