General Information About AVTEC-Alaska's Institute of Technology
AVTEC is a postsecondary vocational and technical training center. Our mission is to train a diverse and effective workforce that supports the economic growth and stability of our state. AVTEC Objectives * Students who enter AVTEC's programs will have the ability to benefit. * AVTEC students will be able to demonstrate that they have basic skills and workplace competencies to meet employer needs. * AVTEC students will graduate with a certificate documenting attainment of competencies within each program. * AVTEC graduates will, within one year following graduation, be employed or pursuing further education or other career choices.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Institution does not accept dual, credit for life, or AP credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Rural: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,183 Percent Admitted 34% Men Admitted 42% Women Admitted 18% Full Time Retention Rate 87%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,079 Native American 206 Asian 34 African American 19 Hispanic 28 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 197 Enrolled FullTime Graduates