General Information About Prince William Sound Community College
Prince William Sound Community College (PWSCC) is a one-of-a-kind institution of higher education located in Valdez, Alaska. The main campus, together with the extension campuses in nearby Glennallen and Cordova, are set amidst some of the country's most breathtaking scenery and rich cultural history. PWSCC (or "P-Dub," as our students affectionately call it) is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities and is the only remaining community college in the state of Alaska. PWSCC offers Associate degrees and occupational certificates that are hard to find elsewhere, such as our Millwright, Oil Spill Response, and up-and-coming Outdoor Leadership programs. With over 25 undergraduate programs to choose from, including baccalaureate programs offered through partnerships with our sister universities in the University of Alaska system, it's easy to find a program to fit the academic interests of almost anyone.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Rural: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 52%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,986 Native American 316 Asian 45 African American 15 Hispanic 32 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 75 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0