General Information About John Brown University
John Brown University provides Christ-centered education that prepares people to honor God and serve others by developing their intellectual, spiritual, and professional lives.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Air Force)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Town: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 846 Percent Admitted 73% Men Admitted 75% Women Admitted 71% Full Time Retention Rate 76%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 490 640 Math 510 640
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 20 29 English 22 31 Math 21 28
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,303 Native American 51.0 Asian 36.0 African American 81.0 Hispanic 78.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,485 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 102