General Information About Ouachita Baptist University
Ouachita Baptist University is a Christ-centered learning community. Embracing the liberal arts tradition, the university prepares individuals for ongoing intellectual and spiritual growth, lives of meaningful work, and reasoned engagement with the world.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Placement services for completers
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Southern Baptist
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Town: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,592 Percent Admitted 73% Men Admitted 72% Women Admitted 75% Full Time Retention Rate 74%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 470 600 Math 490 590
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 21 27 English 21 29 Math 20 27
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,595 Native American 14.0 Asian 7.0 African American 119.0 Hispanic 26.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,477 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0