General Information About Southeast Arkansas College
The mission of Southeast Arkansas College is to provide comprehensive community college education and services, with an emphasis on technical education and workforce development, for the citizens of Jefferson, Cleveland, Desha, Drew, Grant, and Lincoln counties. These educational programs and services include: technical career education, workforce development, university transfer education, general education, adult education, continuing education, and community services.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 629 Percent Admitted 83% Men Admitted 88% Women Admitted 78% Full Time Retention Rate 48%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 4,153 Native American 10.0 Asian 30.0 African American 2,091.0 Hispanic 53.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,169 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0