General Information About Bakersfield College
With its heritage as a foundation and an eye toward the future, Bakersfield College provides the high quality education necessary for our socially and ethnically diverse students--whether they be vocational, transfer-oriented, developmental, or some combination of these--to thrive in a rapidly changing world. We will accomplish our mission by: * Establishing strong connections with our student and business communities * Understanding the needs of our diverse student population * Responding to student and community needs with efficiency and flexibility * Honoring our long heritage of community involvement * Remaining vigilant in scanning our present and future environment within which we operate * Promoting tolerance and patience with all of our stakeholders
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 68%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 29,148 Native American 427.0 Asian 1,758.0 African American 2,215.0 Hispanic 12,586.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 6,147 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0