General Information About California Institute of the Arts
California Institute of the Arts educates artists in a learning environment founded on artmaking excellence, creative experimentation, critical reflection and the diversity of voices. To advance the exploration of new forms and expressions, CalArts urges collaboration and reciprocity among artists, artistic disciplines and cultural traditions--both on campus and in ongoing engagement with communities near and far.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- Suburb: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,719 Percent Admitted 28% Men Admitted 34% Women Admitted 34% Full Time Retention Rate 84%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,394 Native American 10.0 Asian 141.0 African American 112.0 Hispanic 142.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 887 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 549