General Information About Cerritos College
With student learning as the paramount destination, Cerritos College guides students with the map and the means to make their educational aspirations a reality. The college takes pride in offering open access education for associate degrees, transfer, career technical training, basic skills, and lifelong learning. Creating career pathways and opportunities for self-enrichment that benefit the economic vitality of its unique, multicultural community, Cerritos College values diversity and employs learning programs and student services that underscore student success. Faculty, staff, administrators, and students partner to promote relevance in today’s global community by nurturing intellectual curiosity and applauding academic excellence.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 48%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 33,491 Native American 168 Asian 4,697 African American 2,961 Hispanic 17,578 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 5,962 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0