General Information About Gavilan College
In an environment that cultivates creativity, stimulates curiosity and emphasizes student learning, Gavilan College serves its community by providing high quality educational and support services that prepare students for transfer, technical and public service careers, life-long learning and participation in a diverse global society.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 47%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 13,850 Native American 104 Asian 956 African American 483 Hispanic 4,941 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,759 Enrolled FullTime Graduates