General Information About Gemological Institute of America
Established in 1931, the nonprofit Gemological Institute of America is the world's foremost authority in gemology. GIA's mission is to ensure the public trust in gems and jewelry by upholding the highest standards of integrity, academics, science and professionalism through education, research, laboratory services and instrument devlopment.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Employment services for students
- Institution does not accept dual, credit for life, or AP credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,974 Native American 24 Asian 218 African American 56 Hispanic 127 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 166 Enrolled FullTime Graduates