General Information About Heald College-Salinas
Heald College has a long history. Over 145 years ago, Edward Payson Heald opened the first Heald College in San Francisco, California. Heald's mission was, and continues to be, to prepare students for business careers by providing them with career education that focused on practical, hands-on learning. Heald College has persevered since 1863, weathering two major earthquakes and two World Wars, always remaining true to its original mission. As the needs of the workplace changed, the Heald College curriculum evolved from business courses to include technology, healthcare and legal degrees. As Heald College heads toward its 150th anniversary, we look back on a proud history as the first business college in the western United States.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 72%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,385 Native American 8.0 Asian 66.0 African American 65.0 Hispanic 966.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 978 Enrolled FullTime Graduates