General Information About MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College provides quality instruction and support services that allow students to pursue and achieve their educational goals. The college responds to the needs of its students and community by creating new programs, expanding existing programs, and implementing innovative approaches to teaching and learning that prepare students to be productive citizens in a diverse and dynamic world.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 63%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 19,041 Native American 175.0 Asian 1,662.0 African American 915.0 Hispanic 3,968.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 4,496 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0