General Information About Mount St. Mary's College
Mount St. Mary's College offers a dynamic learning experience in liberal arts and sciences to a diverse student body. As a Catholic college primarily for women, we are dedicated to providing a superior education enhanced by an emphasis on building leadership skills and fostering a spirit to serve others. Our measure of success is graduates who are committed to using their knowledge and skills to better themselves, their environments, and the world.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Roman Catholic
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Post-master's certificate
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,095 Percent Admitted 82% Men Admitted 73% Women Admitted 82% Full Time Retention Rate 75%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 410 520 Math 400 510 Writing 420 530
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 17 21
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,745 Native American 11 Asian 509 African American 263 Hispanic 1,159 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,803 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 379