General Information About Porterville College
With students as our focus, Porterville College provides our local and diverse communities an excellent educational experience that fosters intellectual curiosity and growth, lifelong learning, and prepares our students for personal and academic success. In support of our values and philosophy, Porterville College will: Provide quality academic programs to all students who are capable of benefiting from community college instruction. Provide comprehensive support services to help students achieve their personal, vocational and academic potential. Prepare students for transfer and success at four-year institutions. Provide courses and training to prepare students for employment or to enhance skills within their current careers. Provide developmental education to students who need to enhance their knowledge and understanding of basic skills. Recognize student achievement through awarding degrees, certificates, grants, and scholarships.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 66%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 6,347 Native American 130 Asian 426 African American 147 Hispanic 3,227 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,809 Enrolled FullTime Graduates