General Information About San Francisco Art Institute
San Francisco Art Institute provides its students with a rigorous education in the fine arts and preparation for a life in the arts through an innovative, intensive studio environment; a vital liberal arts experience; and engagement with the world at large. SFAI also strives to be a leader in promoting awareness of the relevance of the arts in contemporary culture.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 417 Percent Admitted 94% Men Admitted 93% Women Admitted 94% Full Time Retention Rate 44%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 470 580 Math 410 550 Writing 460 580
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 20 27 English 22 32 Math 17 24
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 765 Native American 11.0 Asian 48.0 African American 24.0 Hispanic 51.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 336 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 201