General Information About Santiago Canyon College
Santiago Canyon College (SCC) is a diverse learning community dedicated to intellectual and personal growth. Our purpose is to foster a learning environment that helps students develop knowledge and understanding, critical thinking, sound decision making, cultural awareness, effective communication skills, and a commitment to local and global citizenship. Santiago Canyon College offers a comprehensive curriculum that includes university transfer, associate degree and certificate programs. In addition, we provide community services, career education, continuing education, high school diploma program, basic skills development, and a range of support services for full and part-time students, including those with family and career responsibilities. At SCC we encourage students to plan, implement, and evaluate their educational progress through meaningful reflection and interaction with both the college and community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 51%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 25,469 Native American 246.0 Asian 2,029.0 African American 608.0 Hispanic 10,477.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,617 Enrolled FullTime Graduates