General Information About Southern California Institute of Technology
SCIT's mission is to provide quality programs that are sound in concept, implemented by a competent and dedicated faculty and geared to give students: * Comprehensive hands-on training using modern facilities and equipment, and based on the needs of industry * A fair and disciplined learning environment * A solid foundation on which to build a career in their chosen field * General life knowledge to encourage insight, diversity, confidence and leadership * Encouragement to develop talent and potential for personal and professional growth * An understanding of the importance of life-long learning
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, primarily associate's, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Credit for life experiences.
- The acceptance of transfer credits are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 245 Percent Admitted 93% Men Admitted 94% Women Admitted 93% Full Time Retention Rate 70%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 691 Native American 3.0 Asian 144.0 African American 58.0 Hispanic 327.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 647 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0