General Information About Jones International University
We live in a world of incessant cultural and economic change, and the mission of JIU is to help students be successful in this environment. For this reason our education process includes specific skills required for particular disciplines, but also includes skills clustered around ethics, collaboration, communication and critical thinking. JIU is committed to fulfilling this mission by: * providing innovative and relevant curriculum delivered by accomplished, supportive faculty * offering readily available student-centered services * implementing state-of-the-practice, learning-centered technology and learning resources * engaging with constituents to create an exceptional educational experience
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 281 Percent Admitted 52% Men Admitted 49% Women Admitted 53% Full Time Retention Rate 100%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,008 Native American 23 Asian 62 African American 911 Hispanic 185 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 827 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 2,006