General Information About United States Air Force Academy
Our mission is to educate, train, and inspire men and women to become officers of character motivated to lead the United States Air Force in service to our nation. The United States Air Force Academy is the nation’s premier institution for developing leaders of character.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Study abroad
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Placement services for completers
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students' federally guaranteed loans may be deferred while enrolled.
- Bachelor's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 9,897 Percent Admitted 17% Men Admitted 17% Women Admitted 15% Full Time Retention Rate 91%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 595 680 Math 620 700 Writing 560 660
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 28 31 English 27 31 Math 28 32 Writing 25 29
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 4,705 Native American 59.0 Asian 370.0 African American 246.0 Hispanic 393.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 4,619 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0