General Information About Gateway Community College
The mission of GateWay Community College, an institution of higher education, is to provide effective, accessible, and responsive educational services in a multicultural environment, resulting in student success and customer satisfaction. Consistent with this mission, GateWay Community College is committed to the following purposes: * General Education Enabling individuals to acquire a foundation of knowledge for achieving personal, academic and civic goals. * Career Education Offering degrees, certificates, and courses for employment, retraining, upgrading of skills, and career enhancement. * Transfer Courses Offering courses that transfer to colleges and universities. * Academic Preparedness Enabling students to acquire the skills necessary for success in higher education. * Student and Instructional Support Services Assisting students in achieving their personal, educational, and career goals. * Community Service Offering opportunity for service and volunteerism in the community. * Economic Development and Educational Partnerships Providing courses and programs specifically designed to meet the needs of business, industry, government, and community agencies. * Global Awareness Promoting understanding in a multicultural world.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- City: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 53%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 9,840 Native American 13 Asian 392 African American 2,425 Hispanic 1,286 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,553 Enrolled FullTime Graduates