General Information About Naugatuck Valley Community College
Naugatuck Valley Community College is a generous and dynamic institution where our students come first. Centered on a sprawling 110-acre landscape, our College is filled with a rich diversity of student-maintained plant life and nature trails for learning and leisure. Our hallways are always buzzing with student-based activities and the Fine Arts Center continuously offers an array of events, guest speakers and performances. Our buildings are populated by talented and credentialed faculty, staff and administration whose goal is to bring educational opportunity to all students, whether beginning or continuing their journey in education.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Suburb: Midsize
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 60%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 8,646 Native American 13 Asian 189 African American 599 Hispanic 883 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,951 Enrolled FullTime Graduates