General Information About Tunxis Community College
Tunxis Community College offers its students a quality, yet affordable education in an accessible and supportive environment, fostering the skills necessary to succeed in an increasingly complex world.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Tuition & Fees 09-10 Tuition & Fees $3,200 Room & Board Charge $0 Books & Supplies Cost $1,000
Total Financial Aid Amounts Issued Pell Grants $1,944,029 Other Federal Grants $90,731 Scholarships & Fellowships $3,755,567 Discount Applied to Tuition/Fee $2,476,992 Average Grant Dollars Issued $273,587 Avg. Scholarship and Fellowships $1,877,784
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 6,393 Native American 17 Asian 195 African American 399 Hispanic 716 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,059 Enrolled FullTime Graduates