General Information About Delaware Technical and Community College-Owens
Delaware Technical & Community College is a statewide multi-campus community college committed to providing open admission, post-secondary education at the associate degree level. The College offers comprehensive educational opportunities that support economic development and are relevant and responsive to the needs of the community including career, general, developmental, and transfer education; workforce training; professional development; and lifelong learning. The College believes in the practical value of higher education as a means of economic and personal advancement. The College respects its students as individuals and as members of diverse groups and is committed to fostering student success.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Town: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 58%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 5,920 Native American 20 Asian 106 African American 969 Hispanic 231 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,593 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0