General Information About Carlos Albizu University-Miami Campus
Carlos Albizu University is an institution of higher education dedicated to academic excellence and research from a pluralistic and multidimensional perspective. We educate students able to serve a highly complex and diverse society, with sensitivity to those most in need. We contribute to the improvement of the quality of life in our communities by training professionals with multicultural competencies. We distinguish ourselves through an educational philosophy based on a commitment to social responsibility, characteristic of all our programs and services.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 33 Percent Admitted 88% Men Admitted 86% Women Admitted 88% Full Time Retention Rate 83%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,379 Native American 3.0 Asian 8.0 African American 100.0 Hispanic 963.0