General Information About Lake-Sumter Community College
Lake-Sumter Community College is a public, multi-campus college that prepares students for employment, career advancement, and four-year college or university transfer, and improves the workforce with specialized training for business and industry. Through its commitment to student success, LSCC provides students with an accessible, supportive, learning-centered environment while challenging them to think critically, improve their academic skills, communicate effectively, become independent, build leadership skills, enhance their ability to work as part of a team, develop social responsibility, and enhance their creativity.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Suburb: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 68%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 5,763 Native American 28.0 Asian 147.0 African American 643.0 Hispanic 578.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,641 Enrolled FullTime Graduates