General Information About Albany Technical College
Albany Technical College's Mission Albany Technical College, a public post-secondary institution of the Technical College System of Georgia, provides technical education and training support for evolving workforce development needs of Southwest Georgia. To accomplish this mission, the College utilizes traditional and distance learning methods. The following purposes of Albany Tech are based on the concept that education benefits individuals, businesses and the community: To provide quality competency-based associate degree, diploma and technical certificates of credit programs that prepare students for employment in business, technical sciences, health care technology, personal services and industrial careers. To provide basic adult education and development programs to help adults improve life skills and prepare for continued education and training. To contribute to the technological advancement of area businesses and industry through education and training. To offer comprehensive continuing education courses and programs for the advancement of skills, knowledge and personal growth.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- On-campus day care for students' children
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 59%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 5,003 Native American 10.0 Asian 25.0 African American 3,501.0 Hispanic 21.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,204 Enrolled FullTime Graduates