General Information About Altamaha Technical College
Altamaha Technical College has been named one of the top four technical colleges within the state of Georgia. With this designation the college will be one of the 2010 finalist of the first annual Sonny Perdue TCSG College of the Year Award. The Technical College System of Georgia State Board and its Executive Committee will make the final selection at Thursday’s State Board meeting. The winner will be announced at the Board Meeting and Governor Perdue will be in attendance to make the presentation to the finalists and the Technical College of the Year winner.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- Town: Distant
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 64%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,555 Native American 11 Asian 2 African American 439 Hispanic 30 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 528 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0