General Information About Georgia Northwestern Technical College
Coosa Valley Technical College (CVTC) is a member of Georgia's system of technical colleges that operate under the Technical College System of Georgia and an institution of higher learning that provides occupational education, skills training, and workforce development to support the educational, economic, and community development of Floyd, Gordon, and Polk counties. CVTC accomplishes its mission by providing quality technical and related academic education, customized business and industry training, continuing education, and adult education services that meet the workforce needs of area citizens, communities, and companies.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 44%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 8,725 Native American 38 Asian 41 African American 795 Hispanic 218 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,721 Enrolled FullTime Graduates