General Information About Shorter University-College of Adult & Professional Programs
The mission of Shorter College is to provide quality higher education, enabling and encouraging student commitment to active life-long learning, personal spiritual values, responsible citizenship, and community and societal leadership in a global context.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Weekend/evening college
- Remedial services
- Academic/career counseling service
- Credit for life experiences.
- The acceptance of transfer credits are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Southern Baptist
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 40 Percent Admitted 75% Men Admitted 4% Women Admitted 2% Full Time Retention Rate 60%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,811 Native American 169 Asian 21 African American 1,615 Hispanic 85 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,903 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 317