General Information About Shorter University
The Mission of Shorter University is to provide quality higher education, enabling and encouraging student commitment to active life-long learning, personal spiritual values, responsible citizenship, and community and societal leadership in a global context.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,679 Percent Admitted 65% Men Admitted 64% Women Admitted 66% Full Time Retention Rate 69%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 433 560 Math 430 550 Writing 420 550
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 18 23 English 17 22 Math 17 22 Writing 17 22
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,235 Native American 2 Asian 12 African American 188 Hispanic 32 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,432 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 7