General Information About Southern Crescent Technical College
Griffin Technical College is a public, accredited two-year postsecondary college located in Griffin, Georgia. Griffin Tech provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary for initial employment; offers continuing education and training to acquire advanced levels of competency; offers a general education curriculum that encourages intellectual, personal, and social values; sponsors co-curricular activities to assist in the development of leadership traits; and facilitates public adult education programs to improve general population and workforce literacy levels.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 56%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 7,074 Native American 15.0 Asian 83.0 African American 2,965.0 Hispanic 88.0 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 3,471 Enrolled FullTime Graduates