General Information About Southwest Georgia Technical College
Southwest Georgia Technical College is a public two-year technical college with the mission to provide learner-centered and high-quality services, courses, and programs through both distance and traditional delivery methods. These services, courses, and programs develop individual skills and abilitites, provide for intellectual and career development, and meet the needs of business and industry. Achievement of this mission promotes economic growth and development and improves the quality of life for individuals and the community.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 52%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,472 Native American 10 Asian 10 African American 1,015 Hispanic 29 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 643 Enrolled FullTime Graduates