General Information About West Georgia Technical College
The Mission of West Georgia Technical College, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, is to lead economic and workforce development by offering students aged 16 and above learning opportunities through quality technical education programs and services. These opportunities focus on the development of academic and technical competence; critical thinking skills; social, personal and intellectual values; and an understanding of society. These services of West Georgia Technical College include adult education, continuing education and corporate training as well as technical associate degree, diploma and certificate programs.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Public
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- 2-4 years certificate
Campus Setting Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 44%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 10,357 Native American 28 Asian 90 African American 3,193 Hispanic 196 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,942 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0