General Information About Chaminade University of Honolulu
Chaminade University offers its students an education in a collaborative learning environment that prepares them for life, service and successful careers. Guided by its Catholic, Marianist and liberal arts educational traditions, Chaminade encourages the development of moral character, personal competencies, and a commitment to build a just and peaceful society. The University offers both the civic and church communities of the Pacific region its academic and intellectual resources in the pursuit of common aims.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army, Air Force)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Roman Catholic
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,037 Percent Admitted 95% Men Admitted 95% Women Admitted 96% Full Time Retention Rate 70%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 410 510 Math 410 520
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 17 22 English 15 21 Math 16 21
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,746 Native American 29 Asian 1,547 African American 299 Hispanic 369 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 1,350 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 450