HackCollege's School Directory Work Smarter, Not Harder

Schools in Idaho

Schools in Idaho>>

Idaho Schools

If you are considering going to school in the Gem State of Idaho, you have 31 colleges and universities to choose from. With approximately 18,933 students, Boise State University is the largest school in Idaho. It is located in the city of Boise. And the second largest school in Idaho is Brigham Young University-Idaho, which is located in Rexburg, and had 14,944 students.

Popular Courses of Study in Idaho

Along with choosing a college from among Idaho's 31 schools, you will also have to choose a course of study from one of the 1,151 certificate and degree programs offered at these schools. If you are undecided, you may want to consider pursuing an education in liberal arts, business or nursing, which are the most popular subjects in Idaho for undergraduates. In 2010, 17% of the 51,563 students that graduated from Idaho state schools, graduated with credentials in liberal arts. Another 11% graduated in business. And 9% graduated with credentials in nursing. The remaining 63% of students graduated with degrees or certificates in subjects such as organizational psychology, music or psychology.

Student Demographics in Idaho

Choosing to pursue your higher education in an Idaho school will put you in the company of the 88,741 students studying in Idaho institutions. Approximately 91% of the state’s college students are enrolled in undergraduate programs. And approximately 73% of students in undergraduate programs are full-time students, while the remaining 27% of undergraduates attend school on a part time basis.

Idaho has a relatively diverse student population, with 22% of undergraduate students identifying themselves to be from a racial or ethnic minority background, according to 2009 data. The male to female ratio amongst undergraduates at Idaho colleges and universities is 9 to 10. And approximately 56% of undergraduate students are under 24 years of age.

Faculty Demographics in Idaho

Just as the student population at Idaho schools is relatively diverse, the faculty at Idaho schools is also relatively diverse. There were 16,194 faculty members employed by Idaho colleges and universities in 2009. Approximately 28% of these faculty self-identified as belonging to a racial or ethnic minority. Around 56% of the Idaho's faculty population consisted of female faculty.

Cost of Education in Idaho

The average cost for an undergraduate education in Idaho is less than the national average. In Idaho, taking into account tuition, living expenses and financial aid, the average cost of an undergraduate education was $7,776 per year for the 2009 school year. The national average was $12,301. But this number can be misleading. For example, an undergraduate education at Northwest Nazarene University, the state’s most expensive school, costs in the range of $22,200 per year. On the other hand, a degree from Idaho's least expensive school, College of Western Idaho, costs closer to $1,428 per year.

Student Completion, Graduation and Retention Rates

In Idaho an average of 51,563 students graduate from degree and certificate programs every year. In Idaho, in 2009, 1 out of 3 students who started an undergraduate program four to six years earlier graduated. And out of every 10 students who started their first year of an undergraduate degree 6 actually returned to study their second year. This means that if you enroll in a Idaho school for your undergraduate degree, there is a 64% chance that you will return to school the following year and 36% chance that you will graduate after 4-6 years.

This Page is Useful for Those Seeking the Following:

  • Degree in Idaho
  • Certificate in Idaho
  • Associates Degree in Idaho
  • Bachelors Degree in Idaho
  • Masters Degree in Idaho
  • PhD Degree in Idaho
  • Classes in Idaho
  • Courses in Idaho
  • Training in Idaho

Subjects  
 
 
Where do we get our facts?

Loading...

Loading...

Start Here To Find Your School

Current Listings

OnlineKaplan University SealKaplan UniversityMore Info
  1. 1Boise State UniversityBoise State University

    Address:
    1910 University Dr, Boise, Idaho 83725

    Awards Offered:
    Associate's degree
    Bachelor's degree
    Postbaccalaureate certificate
    Master's degree

  2. 2Brigham Young University-IdahoBrigham Young University-Idaho

    Address:
    525 S Center, Rexburg, Idaho 83460

    Awards Offered:
    Associate's degree
    Bachelor's degree

  3. 3Idaho State UniversityIdaho State University

    Address:
    921 S 8th Ave, Pocatello, Idaho 83209

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree
    2-4 years certificate
    Bachelor's degree
    Postbaccalaureate certificate
    Master's degree
    Post-master's certificate

  4. 4University of IdahoUniversity of Idaho

    Address:
    875 Perimeter Drive, Moscow, Idaho 83844-2282

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    Bachelor's degree
    Master's degree
    Post-master's certificate

  5. 5College of Southern IdahoCollege of Southern Idaho

    Address:
    315 Falls Ave., Twin Falls, Idaho 83301

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree

  6. 6North Idaho CollegeNorth Idaho College

    Address:
    1000 West Garden Avenue, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814-2199

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree

  7. 7Lewis-Clark State CollegeLewis-Clark State College

    Address:
    500 8th Ave, Lewiston, Idaho 83501-2698

    Awards Offered:
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree
    2-4 years certificate
    Bachelor's degree

  8. 8College of Western IdahoCollege of Western Idaho

    Address:
    5500 East Opportunity Drive, Nampa, Idaho 83687

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree

  9. 9Northwest Nazarene UniversityNorthwest Nazarene University

    Address:
    623 S. Holly St, Nampa, Idaho 83686-5897

    Awards Offered:
    Bachelor's degree
    Master's degree
    Post-master's certificate

  10. 10Carrington College-BoiseCarrington College-Boise

    Address:
    1122 North Liberty Street, Boise, Idaho 83704-8742

    Awards Offered:
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree

  11. 11The College of IdahoThe College of Idaho

    Address:
    2112 Cleveland Blvd, Caldwell, Idaho 83605-4432

    Awards Offered:
    Bachelor's degree
    Master's degree

  12. 12Eastern Idaho Technical CollegeEastern Idaho Technical College

    Address:
    1600 S 25th E, Idaho Falls, Idaho 83404-5788

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    Associate's degree
    2-4 years certificate

  13. 13ITT Technical Institute-BoiseITT Technical Institute-Boise

    Address:
    12302 W. Explorer Dr, Boise, Idaho 83713-1529

    Awards Offered:
    Associate's degree
    Bachelor's degree

  14. 14Milan InstituteMilan Institute

    Address:
    8590 W Fairview Ave., Boise, Idaho 83704-8320

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate

  15. 15Paul Mitchell The School-BoisePaul Mitchell The School-Boise

    Address:
    1270 S Vinnell Way, Boise, Idaho 83709

    Awards Offered:
    2-4 years certificate

  16. 16New Saint Andrews CollegeNew Saint Andrews College

    Address:
    405 S. Main Street, Moscow, Idaho 83843

    Awards Offered:
    Associate's degree
    Bachelor's degree
    Postbaccalaureate certificate
    Master's degree

  17. 17Boise Bible CollegeBoise Bible College

    Address:
    8695 W Marigold St, Boise, Idaho 83714-1220

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    Associate's degree
    Bachelor's degree

  18. 18Hair Academy Paul Mitchell Partner SchoolHair Academy Paul Mitchell Partner School

    Address:
    557 Mariah Ave, Rexburg, Idaho 83440

    Awards Offered:
    2-4 years certificate

  19. 19Oliver Finley Academy of CosmetologyOliver Finley Academy of Cosmetology

    Address:
    10222 W Fairview Ave, Boise, Idaho 83704

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    2-4 years certificate

  20. 20The School of HairstylingThe School of Hairstyling

    Address:
    141 East Chubbuck Road, Chubbuck, Idaho 83202

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    2-4 years certificate

  21. 21Toni and Guy Hair AcademyToni and Guy Hair Academy

    Address:
    317 Coeur D Alene Ave, Coeur D Alene, Idaho 83814

    Awards Offered:
    1-2 years certificate
    2-4 years certificate

  22. 22Razzle Dazzle College IncRazzle Dazzle College Inc

    Address:
    120 Holly Street, Nampa, Idaho 83686-5104

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    2-4 years certificate

  23. 23Evans Hairstyling CollegeEvans Hairstyling College

    Address:
    67 Winn Dr, Rexburg, Idaho 83440

    Awards Offered:
    2-4 years certificate

  24. 24Cosmetology School of Arts and SciencesCosmetology School of Arts and Sciences

    Address:
    529 Overland Avenue, Burley, Idaho 83318

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    2-4 years certificate

  25. 25Headmasters School of Hair Design

    Address:
    602 Main St, Lewiston, Idaho 83501

    Awards Offered:
    1-2 years certificate
    2-4 years certificate

  26. 26Mr Leons School of Hair DesignMr Leons School of Hair Design

    Address:
    205 10th St, Lewiston, Idaho 83501

    Awards Offered:
    1-2 years certificate
    2-4 years certificate

  27. 27Mr Leons School of Hair DesignMr Leons School of Hair Design

    Address:
    618 S Main St, Moscow, Idaho 83843

    Awards Offered:
    1-2 years certificate
    2-4 years certificate

  28. 28Mr Juans College of Hair DesignMr Juans College of Hair Design

    Address:
    586 Blue Lakes Blvd N, Twin Falls, Idaho 83301

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    2-4 years certificate

  29. 29Milan Institute

    Address:
    1009 W Hemmingway #B, Nampa, Idaho 83651

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate

  30. 30Master Educators Beauty School

    Address:
    1205 Filer Ave E, Twin Falls, Idaho 83301-4118

    Awards Offered:
    Less than 1 year certificate
    1-2 years certificate
    2-4 years certificate

  31. 31D & L Academy of Hair Design

    Address:
    113 Main Ave E, Twin Falls, Idaho 83301

    Awards Offered:
    2-4 years certificate

Staticmap?size=591x321&maptype=roadmap&sensor=false&markers=shadow:false%7cicon%3ahttp%3a%2f%2fwww.hackcollege.com%2fschool-finder%2fimages%2fmap-pin.png%7c43.6057%2c-116.206%7c43.8177%2c-111.784%7c42.874%2c-112.449%7c46.7291%2c-117.022%7c42.5779%2c-114.472%7c47.6765%2c-116.796%7c46.4122%2c-117.028%7c43.61377%2c-116.50702%7c43.5598%2c-116.566%7c43.616%2c-116.26%7c43.6537%2c-116.678%7c43.4833%2c-111.985%7c43.6601%2c-116.336%7c43.6209%2c-116.288%7c43.5946%2c-116.286%7c46.7317%2c-117.001%7c43.6579%2c-116.291%7c43.817839%2c-111.804796%7c43.619534%2c-116.309255%7c42.9197%2c-112.464%7c47.6753%2c-116.782%7c43.5681%2c-116.564%7c43.825719%2c-111.812543%7c42.547%2c-113.793%7c46.4212%2c-117.026%7c46.4185%2c-117.021%7c46.7298%2c-117.001%7c42.5727%2c-114.46%7c43.600735%2c-116.593913%7c42.570845%2c-114.458982%7c42.556257%2c-114