General Information About Augustana College
Augustana College seeks to develop in students the characteristics of liberally educated persons: clarity of thought and expression, curiosity, fair-mindedness, appreciation for the arts and cultural diversity, intellectual honesty, and a considered set of personal values and commitments. Students combine exploration of the arts, sciences, and humanities with in-depth study in their major field(s), guided by an excellent, committed faculty, they grow personally and socially through participation in wide extracurricular and co-curricular opportunities on one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. Special features include innovative interdisciplinary first-year courses, foreign study, and internships – both domestic and international.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- Academic/career counseling service
- Employment services for students
- Placement services for completers
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 3,633 Percent Admitted 73% Men Admitted 68% Women Admitted 77% Full Time Retention Rate 82%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 23 28 English 22 29 Math 22 28
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 2,585 Native American 9 Asian 61 African American 54 Hispanic 90 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,524 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0