General Information About Moody Bible Institute
Moody is an amazing school... for those who want to go into vocational ministry. It is probably the best Christian School in the United States... for those who want to go into vocational ministry. I don't mean that in any sort of negative way. The school's mission statement makes its clear that they want to train men and women to be ministers of the Bible. (It is said often on campus that “the Bible is our Middle Name”. If you are uncertain about whether or not you want to go into vocational ministry after your education, this is probably not the school for you. If you are certain you want to serve in some form of vocational ministry whether it be pastor, missionary, elementary teacher, music, counseling, etc., this is the best place to be.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.Advanced placement (AP) credits
- Eligible students' federally guaranteed loans may be deferred while enrolled.
- 1-2 years certificate
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,056 Percent Admitted 75% Men Admitted 76% Women Admitted 75% Full Time Retention Rate 90%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 4,051 Native American 15 Asian 175 African American 290 Hispanic 166 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,050 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 170