General Information About Saint Xavier University
Saint Xavier University, a Catholic institution inspired by the heritage of the Sisters of Mercy, educates men and women to search for truth, to think critically, to communicate effectively, and to serve wisely and compassionately in support of human dignity and the common good.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Roman Catholic
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- 1-2 years certificate
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- City: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 12,175 Percent Admitted 25% Men Admitted 23% Women Admitted 26% Full Time Retention Rate 76%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 470 580 Math 410 560 Writing 440 560
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 20 23 English 20 25 Math 18 24
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 6,092 Native American 18 Asian 148 African American 1,022 Hispanic 623 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,474 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 315