General Information About Merrillville Beauty College
The mission of Merrillville Beauty College is to provide thorough education and training in barbering and cosmetology to help meet the needs of the community while enabling students to achieve personal and professional goals. The college keeps a positive atmosphere in which experienced and dedicated staff and faculty members encourage students personal and practical skills.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 2-year, Private for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Academic/career counseling service
- Placement services for completers
- Institution does not accept dual, credit for life, or AP credits
- Not applicable
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Less than 1 year certificate
- 1-2 years certificate
- Suburb: Large
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 64%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 182 Native American 0 Asian 0 African American 175 Hispanic 4 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 89 Enrolled FullTime Graduates