General Information About Briar Cliff University
Briar Cliff University is a community committed to higher education within a liberal arts and Catholic perspective. In the Franciscan tradition of service, caring and openness to all, Briar Cliff emphasizes quality education for its students, combining a broad intellectual background with career development. The University challenges its members to grow in self-awareness and in their relationships to others and to God.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- Weekend/evening college
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Roman Catholic
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Postbaccalaureate certificate
- Master's degree
- Post-master's certificate
- City: Small
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants Full Time Retention Rate 66%
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 1,361 Native American 11 Asian 36 African American 55 Hispanic 99 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 869 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 9