General Information About Buena Vista University
We develop students for lifelong success through innovative and imaginative academic and professional preparation.
Institutional statistical data was gathered from the U.S. Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences, National Center for Education Statistics, 2009-2010.
- 4-year, Private not-for-profit
Special Learning Opportunities
- ROTC (Army)
- Teacher certification
- Distance learning opportunities
- Study abroad
- General Education Courses
- Career Services available upon completion
- Dual credit
- Credit for life experiences
- Advanced placement (AP) credits
- The acceptance of credits for work experience or military experience are subject to review by the school and cannot be guaranteed.
- Presbyterian Church (USA)
- Eligible students may receive Pell Grants and other federal aid (e.g. Direct Loans).
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree
- Town: Remote
Disability Services Student
- 3% or Less
Admission Total Applicants 1,433 Percent Admitted 72% Men Admitted 70% Women Admitted 74% Full Time Retention Rate 61%
Submitted ACT & SAT Scores
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Critical Reading 380 440 Math 390 520 Writing 330 430
25th Percentile Score 75th Percentile Score Composite 19 25 English 17 24 Math 17 25
Student Demographics Total Enrolled 3,483 Native American 17 Asian 26 African American 78 Hispanic 97 Enrolled FullTime Undergraduates 2,279 Enrolled FullTime Graduates 0